Tuesday 29 May 2012

Check it out: Wild Woman Smoothie

 Bonsoy & filtered water
(Coconut milk/ water is a great substitute too)
Protein Powder (#from Sprouted Brown Rice)
Maca Powder
Cacao Powder
Beetroot Powder
(all organic)



I swear by a good healthy protein hit at the 3pm 'adrenal' phase of the afternoon. We all know it, the hungry and exhausted cloud that settles upon you as the evening looms. It's the time when most people hunt for the quick, easy and sugar laden foods in a bid to energise themselves for the final hours of a busy day. It is when we snack, pick, and graze on whatever the kids are having, or even sticking our heads deep into the pantry gobbling up the "sometimes" (read: naughty) food in secret. (I love that image!)

I usually prepare myself a smoothie, at this time, and urge my clients to also. It is a great way to get serve of protein (#powder), and I add a few extras, as I like to approach smoothie's as an experiment on how much goodness can I get into one drink?
The smoothie recipe above has all the benefits of antioxidants, natural phytoestrogens, amino acids, minerals such as magnesium, and superfoods such as Cacao, and Maca Root (L.Peruvianum, Chacon).

Whizz and enjoy!

Ps Mr 4 year old enjoyed a deconstructed version of Rice Protein powder, Cacao and Beetroot! Yummo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment