Friday 1 June 2012

An evening in my Kitchen......

People often ask me "what is in your pantry?"
After the screening of Hungry for Change last night, someone asked me again. So I went home and took a photo, and here it is....a snapshot of the most visited shelf in my pantry!
I buy many things in bulk, so there is very little packaged food.
I also view packaged food as 'dead' food. Lacking in the vital nutrients and enzymes which make for good health and vitality, so perhaps my fruit/vegetable draws would be more interesting!?



Here is a snapshot of my dinner preparations last night. (As I am often asked this also!)
Shiitake mushrooms, fermented Tempeh, slivers of almonds and organic Broccoli. Absolutely delicious and high in Protein, flavour and nutrients. Freshly grated ginger  and hand picked coriander hit the spot.
Dinner is almost always followed by a warm spiced Chai Tea to see my digestive system off to a good nights rest.
I brew my own chai with Rooibos tea to avoid caffeine and open the cardamon pods to release their pungent aroma. 
 I add Cinnamon bark, fresh ginger and sometimes soy milk and brew it slowly on the stove.

It is one of my favourite times of the day! And I use this process as a way of caring for my self, and honouring my health. This is, after all, what food is all about!








0 comments:

Post a Comment