Wednesday 17 August 2011

Where do I begin?

How to give your baby and your self the best preparation for pregnancy. What is important? when should you start? 6 months prior to conception your health and wellbeing will be determining the health of your baby, and greatly improving your chances of falling. This is especially true of the male sperm which are constantly regenerating. Women are born with all their eggs, so it would be fair to say that your well being up to conception will be having some impact on your eggs, ovaries and indeed the whole reproductive system. Some tips: Gentle detox programs well in advance, nutritional supplements to boost your health and to target specific reproductive organs. These may include Zinc, B6, and Selenium. Immune modifiers if there is a history of illness, or a general well being dietary program. Foods that are nourishing for the purpose of concepton are those rich n the Omega fatty acids like oily fish, avocado, coconut and flaxseed oil, raw nuts and seeds. Every 'body' is an individual so an individual approach is essential.    
Photo courtesy of Kristen Cook Photography, Melbourne

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie - Enjoyed reading your info; I was struck by the array of knowledge related to remaining healthy through the pregnancy 'journey'. When I had my 4 children I can only recall taking fluoride tablets (for healthy teeth), iron tabs if recommended by a GP. And in my first 2 pregnancies medication to assist with morning sickness (which could go on all day/night)!! These were taken off the market when I carried my last 2 children as they were deemed a 'risk'! (Back in 1982)

    I also had a miscarriage and I was told the foetus was not properly formed and that was about it! Now I read in your blog that an 'unhealthy' sperm can sometimes be the issue. I never knew this before. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not looking for pre or post natal nutrition, but rather post-chemo nutrition for my 7 year old. I hope this new blog will help me find the right path for his health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gems, thanks for your post. Stay tuned in, children's health is absolutely going to feature on the blog.

    ReplyDelete