Saturday 7 January 2012

Birth Power

Meditation and relaxation are some of the most powerful methods you can use to assist your birth. The Breath is the wave upon which every contraction rides, and by learning how to use your breathing and focused concentration you can deliver your baby naturally and with great joy. Hypno-birthing is a popular tool used for labour, but you can essentially learn to do this yourself if you have the right resources. The resource I would like to suggest is one I have both personally and professionally used. It is called 25 ways to Awaken your Birth Power. It is a meditation CD and booklet which uses affirmations and art to inspire and empower women to embrace the birthing journey. The artwork is a colourful and positive celebration of the birthing woman's body, and each picture relates specifically to the affirmation. This clever association is very effective if used regularly before the birth. Many people find meditation difficult, and having a guided meditation CD specific to your cause is a great way to learn. I used this during both my births, on my iPod when I needed to shut my mind to all else but my breath. It allowed me the focus I needed, and the gentle practised support was invaluable. I have this book and CD in clinic. It retails at $29.95. Well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I love this and utilised it right through pregnancy and labour. She's a great voice for it, so real, kind of like a friend, unlike many of the other birth cds!

    ReplyDelete