Wednesday 28 September 2011

Divine Food

I am evolving my family's wellbeing by returning to a seafood and vegetarian based diet. I have spent many years as a vegetarian, and vegan too, but in more recent years I have used healthy sources of meat to supplement my diet. I do not think meat is an unhealthy food, but I do feel it can be when eaten in excess. As soon as I made the choice to move towards a vegetarian diet, and turned away from meat I was surprised to discover how little I had been considering Legumes, Grains, Pulses and Beans; how lazy I had become with considering vegetables as the heroes of my dishes! I am rediscovering the delight of raw foods again, and the amazing array of salads and dishes balanced beautifully with healthy grains like Quinoa, Amaranth, Millet and the colourful beans like Borlotti Beans.
Having dusted off my collection of Vegetarian Cook Books, I am viewing food as something holy. Which it is. By eating good, healthy considerate foods we are honouring our bodies, and by doing this we are nurturing our soul. Perhaps if we all felt this way about the food we ate, we could achieve both spiritual and healthy wellbeing. Do you feel like being inspired by your food again? Be adventurous. Think about your food differently. Challenge yourself. Be a food role-model for your children. Make healthy food the most precious commodities. Celebrate your body and your food, it is the most basic form of divinity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment